Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yes, they are....

A couple of weeks ago, one of my best friends from dental school came down to visit me and brought me this little treat:  Teeth cookies!!!  As disgusting as teeth may seem to some, we dentists can find all things teeth to be uber cute.  You gotta admit, these are cute!
(ok, so I don't know how this all started getting underlined...)


So this really "inspired" me to try my hand at sugar cookie baking.  I haven't made sugar cookies since I took home economics class my freshman year of high school.  I decided that I'd make Ron some cookies for him to take to work.  Yes, just as I find teeth to be amusing, I just naturally assumed that Ron and his co-workers would find these to be just as amusing and cute. But when I told Ron my idea, he just about died instead.

TA DA!


When I ordered these cookie cutters, I thought, "hey, these cute little guys can be packaged up in threes and I'll give them to Ron to take to work...." well, just to give you an idea of how intimidating these really were.....



Yes people, that is a large water bottle.  The cookie cutter you see on the inside is bigger than my foot.  HOLY COW.  In fact, when I made my first batch, I kept breaking the big nuts off the penis because they were just so heavy! I guess you must handle them with care, as with any penis. I really wish that I had the patience to wait till morning so I could take some pictures of these in better lighting, but I just couldn't wait due to requests of pictures...so I will post up day pictures tomorrow. Hehe. 

So here are the big peckers all lined up.  (Yes, they are called Pecker Cookie Cutters in case anyone else dares to attempt to make these)  Seeing how big these peckers really are, I didn't really get much bang for my buck as far as the amount of cookie dough I needed to make.  And these are even smaller than the middle size pecker in the photo above...but still pretty darn huge. 


 
Just for the sake of making them less vulgar and more feminine, I decided to make them pearly with some pearl dust.  I'm not sure if you can really see it too well, but it's very shimmery.  Oh and btw....I bought bags to put these in, and well, surprise, surprise....they don't fit.  



What to do with left over dough....


Make bite size heart cookies. Yum.  



8 comments:

  1. laugh. out. loud.

    oh, and i want one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. erina!!!! that's craziness. so did ron take them to work? :D hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO cute! I like, I like! And yeah...really ginormous. HAHHA! Thank you for appeasing me with the pictures! Now I want one. Please, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow, hedy, those are HUUUUUUUUGGGE!!!! did ron take them to work? balls of steel! hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. erina - you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!! so muh she suh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA erina you kill me! i just about rolled on the floor when i read "I kept breaking the big nuts off the penis because they were just so heavy! I guess you must handle them with care, as with any penis."

    :X well said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know this is a really late reply to you all, but yes, ron did take them to work. and one of his co-workers, a guy of course, was like, "how am i supposed to eat this?" LOL!!!! they decided to rename the cookie, "cockie." (rolling my eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg. i just found your blog via fb and this post is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete